“ It is so wonderful that people make this time of the year, just for giving presence.
I hear people talking a lot about presence giving, for their children, each other and of course their furry whanau…..not so much for themselves though?
I don’t know what it is like for humans but for me I love both the giving and the receiving of presence.
It really feels like a gift to be fully with my experiences and senses. So much joy in being with the moment. Even when that moment isn’t very nice, I know it will not last….there will be another moment following shortly.
I know people have different brains to me, they do thinking, lots of thinking…….. remembering, imagining, and planning, lots of planning. So they have to practice more being in the present moment. That way they can get the benefit of both the thinking about and the being with.
Giving presence is free and can be given to ourselves and others as required.
Here are my top doggy holiday practices for you and your whanau
- Don’t forget the paws.
- Wag your bum when happy.
- Don’t forget to give yourself some presence. Do something just for you. Acknowledge how things are for you.
- Slow down and sniff the moment.
- If it all a bit much go and find a little spot on your own and listen to the sounds.
- Connect with what is important to you.
- Remember the best gift ever is your presence.
Finally, deal with stress like a dog: If you can’t eat it or play with it…..just pee on it and walk away.”
Love Sam, the zen puppy.